Our school embraces Collective Worship and to ensure that this is of the highest possible standard, we provide ongoing liturgy planning support for staff & pupils alike; this is monitored and reviewed regularly to ensure we continually strive to improve our practice.
Acts of Worship include:
- Monday whole school ‘Celebration of the word’ base do n the Gospel reading, leading the theme for the following week.
- Tuesday class worship planned and led by Class Liturgy Teams. This is timetabled throughout the year to enable family and friends to attend stay and prayers.
- Wednesday Prayer and Liturgy with teachers – Catholic Social Teaching
- Thursday song and hymn practise. This enables our children to deepen their faith through hymn singing; including a range of traditional and contemporary music, notable the work of John Burland, which we also use to complement our teaching of the Come and See programme of study. Hymnal Praise is led by our Deputy Head teacher, Mrs White
- Praise Friday Assembly which provides pupils, staff and parents with the opportunity to celebrate the mission of our school – ‘Love conquers all and shines through all we do at St Mary’s’. Achievements are celebrated both within and out of school.